Sunday, May 16, 2010

Present Wrapping Idea: For The Man In Your Life


Today was our one-year wedding anniversary! In the spirit of our black and white theme from our wedding last year, I wrapped Wade's present in the same colors. After seeing the final product, I thought it might be something you could use as a wrapping idea for a Father's Day gift.

As you can see from the pic, I made the top of the box look like a gentleman's dress shirt with a tie. I used three different tissue paper prints: The first as the wrapping for the whole box (note: I wrapped the bottom of the box and the top of the box separately), the second as a tie, the third as a handkerchief to put in a make shift pocket I made.

If you're interested, it's pretty simple!

Materials:
  • Tissue Paper (A few different colors or prints)
  • Scissors
  • Double Sided Tape
1. Wrap the top and bottom of the box separately.

2. Make the following pieces:
  • Collar
  • Tie
  • Tie Knot
  • Pocket
  • Handkerchief

All pieces can then be assembled to look like a dress shirt. I used double sided tape to tape everything down, except for the handkerchief which I didn't tape down because it was a cute "removable" piece :)


1 comment:

  1. love the shirt gift box!
    I really like your blog, too.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete